I read a great line this morning by Michael at Have a Dream.
“trust is like a bank account…invest often and withdraw wisely”
I use the word “trust” all the time but never think about its deeper meaning. It’s a word that can elicit elation or fear, depending on my attitude toward trust. When I trust a person I open myself up to the possibility of being emotionally hurt. Of course, there’s an element of risk with any emotional investment. Trust builds slowly over time, allowing me the chance to nurture my faith in a person and grow as a human being.
“We’re never so vulnerable than when we trust someone – but paradoxically, if we cannot trust, neither can we find love or joy” – Walter Anderson
Trust is the first step toward love and joy.
- How is it possible to form a friendship or relationship without trust?
- If you lack confidence in a person’s character, how is it possible to love them?
- What makes another person trustworthy?
Trust can be risky.
- Does trusting a person guarantee they will value and protect your trust?
- Is it possible to trust someone too much or too little?
- If trust is lost or betrayed, can trust be regained?
|“When my love swears that she is made of truth I do believe her, though I know she lies” – Shakespeare|
Please share your self-reflections. I would love to know your thoughts.
It pays to be fearless. Love to you all…Karm