A Cockroach or a Prince?
There’s a big difference between someone who is a nice guy and someone who tries to convince you he’s a nice guy.
When we’re dating and looking for true love we all want to find a nice guy, but do we really know what the differences are between a cockroach and a prince?
You can’t assume he’s a nice guy because he looks good, has a great body, nice eyes, a beautiful smile, a good job, an education, is charming, makes you laugh and/or says everything you want to hear. He might look like a good catch on the outside but could still be a cockroach on the inside.
Here are 10 nice guy attributes to look for in the guy you’re dating or in a relationship with.
1. Nice guys aren’t broken; you don’t need to spend a lot of energy trying to fix him.
2. Nice guys give compliments, not criticism; you don’t feel bad about yourself when you’re with him.
3. Nice guys are honest, not deceitful; you don’t worry about where you stand with him.
4. Nice guys are devoted to you, not attached to someone else (not married or still hung up on someone in their past); you don’t have to be his therapist or hear him vent about his feelings for someone else.
5. Nice guys are empathetic and caring; you don’t have to feel confused and insecure because he flip-flops between hot and cold.
6. Nice guys value their time with you; you don’t have to worry about why he’s not calling or making plans with you.
7. Nice guys take you out; you don’t have to feel like a booty call or on-call vagina.
8. Nice guys make you a priority; you don’t have to feel like you’re last on his list of people to see.
9. Nice guys acknowledge your feelings and needs; you don’t have to worry about giving in to his unreasonable demands and expectations.
10. Nice guys like you just the way you are; you don’t have to worry about not being good or special enough for him.
Now take a look at how you feel about yourself when you’re with him. If you feel like an option, a disappointment, a booty call or a therapist with him chances are he’s not such a nice guy after all.
If you have a personal story please share your thoughts and experiences.