100 Things About Me
I promise to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth…
100 random thoughts about me…
- Activities I like to do in my free time: writing, blogging, painting, trying new things, visiting new places, gardening, kayaking, almost anything except camping
- Describe a goal you’re working on: to stop trying to fix what is or was wrong with me and instead, using what is right in me
- Describe a new habit you’re trying to adopt: daily meditation and self-reflection
- Describe a perfect date for you? He shows up with a pulse and leaves with a pulse
- Describe a pet peeve of yours? People leave shopping carts all over the parking lot instead of putting them in the designated area. They roll around the lot, end up in the center of a good parking space or they hit your car grrrrr!
- Describe an accomplishment you’re proud of: my college education
- Describe an old habit you’re trying to break: procrastination
- Describe something in the past you regret: I flunked sharing in kindergarten
- Describe something you’ll never give up on: learning new things
- Did you grow to become/do what you always dreamed of as a child? If not, why not? I never became a rock star like I wanted to for obvious reasons (if you hear me sing)
“You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment.” -Henry David Thoreau
- Did you learn to swim? At what age? I took my first swimming lessons at the public beach when I was 6 or 7.
- Do blondes really have more fun? I’ve never been a blonde but I still manage to have fun
- Do you have any superstitions? I was sure my rabbit’s foot would bring me good luck. It’s bad luck to open an umbrella in the house. Garlic keeps vampires away.
- Gardening is my passion and I especially love my rose bushes
- Happy things: chocolate, coffee, bubble baths, being pampered
- Have you any successful relationships through online dating? I’ve dated several men I met on dating sites. My favorite was my hot Italian lover from the Bronx. No one has measured up since.
- Have you ever had a dream that helped you to make an important decision? At my last job I started having nightmares about wild animals chasing me. I retired and the dreams stopped
- Have you ever met the man of your dreams when you were on vacation? I met someone fabulous on a cruise to Bermuda once. He was a dream come true
- How do you stay organized? My right brain is my inbox and my left brain is my outbox
- I am…A soul with a body, flesh, blood, breath, laughter and tears, as fragile as a child…Handle me with care
“The soul would have no rainbow had the eyes no tears.”-John Vance Cheney
- I believe we all have a purpose and a place in the universe that is uniquely ours
- I belong to an art guild with a group of local artists. We maintain a public gallery of our artwork and I do volunteer work there. I call it my tribe.
- I can be a rose among the thorns or a thorn among the roses, depending on my mood
- I can be down to earth or have my feet planted firmly in the clouds
- I care more about: who I am than what I have — where I’m going than where I’ve been- my self-respect than your ego
- I don’t have tattoos or body piercings but I think they’re ok…just not for me
- I don’t wear a lot of black clothes. I love color…anything from neutrals to bold
- I don’t do life perfectly…sometimes I don’t do life well at all
- I don’t sit still for very long…I’m always busy with something, even if it’s nothing
- I don’t understand how people who don’t drink coffee stay alive. I couldn’t
“We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.”–Luciano de Crescenzo
- I hate clutter but I can never get away from it…it’s everywhere
- I hate hoarding change, especially pennies… I spend it as fast as I get it
- I have no patience for immaturity, chronic whining and complaining
- I like my charcoal grill better than a gas grill. I haven’t used it yet this year because hornets beat me to it and have a fairly daunting nest inside it
- I like planning and hosting big parties. My house is tiny but I can squeeze a lot of people in
- I love ocean kayaking. This is my 3rd season and it gets more fun and exciting every year
- I love the challenge of a new project.
- I never do anything in moderation…I always seem to go over the top
- I never thought I could come up with 100 thoughts about myself.
- I refuse to eat burnt toast. I throw it away and try again
“When you get, give. When you learn, teach.”-Maya Angelou
- I’m a beach bum from May to September. On sunny days nothing prevents me from reading a good book, or scribbling and doodling silly rants in the comfort of my beach chair
- I’m a dating site junkie- so many perverts and bad boys to choose from
- I’m a diamond in the rough, a work in progress, but who isn’t
- I’m a graphic and mixed media artist and love to blend my art and writing
- I’m easily distracted to the point of becoming completely lost in my own head
- I’m not afraid of taking risks…I go after something I want
- If you could be any other species, what would you hope to be? I would love to be a cat
- If you could eat only one food for the rest of your life what food would you choose? pasta
- If you could live as long as you like, how long would you live? I would live forever if I could
- If you could see one music act dead or alive, back stage, first class treatment, who would it be and where and why? David Bowie anywhere, anytime. It would be a thrill to meet him
“The truth is not always beautiful, nor beautiful words the truth.” – Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching
- If you could steal someone’s identity for a day, who would you be and what you would you do as them? I would love to be Superman for a day. With all his superpowers it would be exhausting but I think I could do it.
- I’m single and available – uncommitted, unattached and looking for love
- Is there anything you’re intolerant of? I never tolerate abusive language or behaviors
- I’ve been known to have short spurts of lunatic moments…run when it happens
- My cat has her own email and Facebook page…she has more friends than I do
- My life today is: controlled chaos
- Nobody is more critical of me than me…I blame it on my inner b*tch
- Places I’ve been: Hawaii, Bermuda, Mexico, Montreal, St. Thomas, Aruba, Curacao, Bahamas, Grand Cayman, Puerto Rico, Disney World, Las Vegas, New York City, Boston, Washington, DC and a few more I dare not mention
- Scary things: snakes, nightmares, horror movies, the unknown, blind dates, clowns
- Status: divorced after being married 17 years
“The unexamined life is not worth living” – Socrates
- Strengths: I’m analytical, a problem solver, insightful and intuitive
- Sun sign – Virgo
- The first things I notice about a guy: body type and height (I’m shallow – and yes, size matters)
- There are times when I just want to isolate, rejuvenate and regroup
- There are times when I like to lounge in my angst. Holding on to the dread, I let it lead me through dark passages.
- Things I look for in a guy: sense of humor, intelligence, speaks fluent English, maturity (past the Happy Meal stage), a strong pulse
- Things I strive for: to live in the moment, to trust my intuition, to set my thoughts free
- Thoughts on aging: Damn those who think that a woman getting bolder as she gets older isn’t on top of her game
- Thoughts on dating: I prefer quality over quantity. .there’s no such thing as perfection.
- Thoughts on love: I’ve known many and loved few. I love quickly and trust slowly
“Listen–are you breathing just a little, and calling it a life?” – Mary Oliver
- Thoughts on motherhood: I’m the mother of two grown daughters who have always been, and will always be the beacons of light and hope in my life
- Thoughts on self-image: I am beautiful at my age. I am beautiful at any age.
- Thoughts on self-respect: I’m finally living for who I am and doubt that will ever change
- Weakness: irrational fears, self-doubts, insecurities – gazillions of them
- What annoys you about yourself? I spend too much time on my computer
- What could I cook you for dinner? Vegetarian or vegan anything would be OK
- What I’m exceptionally good at: giving advice (but not so good at taking it)
- What is the most annoying fad that you’ve ever succumbed to? I had a Joan Jett haircut in the early 80’s and it looked ridiculous on me
- What is the name of your generation (X, Y, baby boomer)? baby boomer
- What is the weirdest dream that you remember having? (I’m talking sleepy dream here.) Once I was chased by a tiger and I had to fly to get away from it
“Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.” ~ Buddha
- What is worse, a broken heart or death? You never forget a broken heart; you never remember your death
- What, in your opinion, is one of the best/most useful inventions ever and why? The printing press and the internet are equally amazing inventions. Ironically, the printing press gave the world books and the internet made them nearly obsolete
- Where would you most and least like to visit in the world? My first choice is London and Paris. My last choice is Afghanistan.
- Words that describe me: vivacious, passionate, energetic, creative, curvy, eclectic, whimsical
- Would you change sexes for a day? Absolutely, I would like to pee standing up
- Favorite cocktail: I don’t drink alcohol…quite crazy without it
- Favorite diet busters: cheesecake, ice cream, cheeseburger and fries
- Favorite holiday: July 4th: I love parades and fireworks
- Favorite ice-cream flavor and why: I’m a chocolate addict so anything chocolate is good
- Favorite inspirational and spiritual poets: Rilke, Rumi, Lao Tzu
“Let the beauty of what you love be what you do. There are a thousand ways to kneel and kiss the earth” – Rumi
- Favorite movie genres: old Hollywood classics, chic flicks, comedy
- Favorite music genres: 60s and 70’s classic rock, jazz, modern country
- Favorite poets: Pablo Neruda and Mary Oliver… two magnificent minds
- Favorite saying: “it pays to be fearless”
- Favorite sports teams: I’m from Boston so the Red Sox, Celtics, Patriots and Bruins are #1.
- Favorite summer treat: Ice cream cones at a roadside stand – yum, yum, lick, lick!
- Favorite things to shop for: books, shoes and music…I never have enough
- Favorite time of day to be creative: I’m a night person and love the silence of midnight
- Favorite tranquil music artists: Simon Daum, Philip Wesley, Isaac Shepard, Dax Johnson
- Favorite way to travel: Prefer to drive and take long road trips
“Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?”-Mary Oliver